Rate saved, Thank!
4.5 (1 votes)
Description of Pendulum Studio
Simulate the motion of nine different pendulum systems in real time on your phone.
Use the simulation as a live wallpaper (to be set from device's settings).
1) Mathematical pendulum (2D): the simplest pendulum.
2) Pendulum wave effect (3D): when multiple pendulums are combined a peculiar wave effect appears.
3) Spherical pendulum (3D): a three-dimensional generalization of the mathematical pendulum.
4) Spring pendulum (2D): a mass connected to a spring.
5) Spring pendulum (3D): a mass connected to a spring in 3D.
6) Double pendulum (2D): the simplest example of a system which exhibits chaotic motion and is highly sensitive to the initial conditions.
7) Double spherical pendulum (3D): a three-dimensional generalization of the double pendulum.
8) Spring mathematical pendulum (2D): a rod attached to a spring.
9) Spring spherical pendulum (3D): a rod attached to a spring in 3D.
- All simulations are performed in real time by numerically solving the Lagrange equations of motion.
- Use the accelerometer of your device for dynamical determination of the gravity force.
- Take into the account the friction force to see the damping of the pendulum motion (recommended when using sensor gravity).
- Use your fingers to interactively change the positions of the pendulums.
- Use pinch to zoom gesture.
- All of the parameters for each system can be modified in the preferences.
OpenGL tutorials at http://www.learnopengles.com/
ColorPickerView library at https://github.com/danielnilsson9/color-picker-view
Source code of the app is available at https://github.com/vlvovch/pendulum-studio
Share this App
Also from Voladd
Sorry, your review is too short !