Rate saved, Thank!
4.5 (1 votes)
Description of Vector solution 2 CoP
Fix by two circles of position: vector solution.
With a tant take two altitudes, correct them and obtain the observed altitudes: Ho.
Take the Nautical Almanac and find the coordinates of the celestial bodies: GHA, declination.
Use this app to calculate the two solutions, and to plot the circles of position, or circles of equal altitude on a google maps.
- The app moves the first sight to the time of the second, taking into account the motion of the observer.
Method explained in the papers:
- Vector Solution for the intersection of two Circles of Equal Altitude. (Andrés Ruiz González. Journal of Navigation 2008, 61:355-365. The Royal Institute of Navigation).
- Use of rotation matrices to plot a circle of equal altitude. (Andrés Ruiz. JOURNAL OF MARITIME RESEARCH, Vol 8, Nº3, 2011)
Available on the author's website.
- Zoom buttons +/-
- Map types: normal and satellite
- GPS location. ("Location" App permission must be allowed. Switch on you GPS, and then automatic location detection is possible)
Share this App
Also from Navigational Algorithms
Sorry, your review is too short !