Rate saved, Thank!
2.8 (4 votes)
Description of Network Cell Info Lite
Network Cell Info is a cell network monitoring and drive testing tool. It is the first Android app providing separate signal-meter (VU-like) gauges for the serving (registered) cell, as well as for neighbor cells. It covers all cellular networks including LTE, HSPA+, HSPA, WCDMA, EDGE, GSM, CDMA, EVDO.
* LTE, UMTS and GSM cell locations from Mozilla Location Service (MLS) - http://location.services.mozilla.com (full version includes MLS returnt accuracy).
* 2 signal-meter gauges (6 for full version) for the serving (registered) cell and the first neighbor cell signal strengths
* 2 parallel signal strength (dBm) vs. time plots (6 for full version) of the serving (registered) and first neighbor cell
* Cell measurements logging in files (under the map tab)
* Distance limit (0m, 5m, 10m, ...) between consecutive measurements in MAP tab (if network doesn't change)
* Location accuracy limit option for measurement logging
* Motion detector with selectable sensitivity options (applicable to measurements)
* Measurements database export types: MLS Geosubmit v.2, CLF v.3, OpenCellID csv, (and our own) CMWF
* Network drive test: Route coloring (in the map tab) according to the signal strength, and map markers with location and signal info
* Connection Statistics: % (Bar Plot) of 2G/3G/4G connection times with cellular Data ON or OFF
* 2G/2.5G/3G/3.5G/4G network type notifications in the notification area
* Concurrent map view and signal-meter gauges
* Map view options: Normal, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid
* Raw view of detailed network signal info, network info, including signal strength, serving and ALL neighbor cell information
* Cellular Data on/off and Roaming on/off indications
* SIM and device info
* Ability to turn off Gauges individually by tapping, to release some CPU burden
* Android M run-time permissions (location access is necessary)
* [BETA] Limited dual SIM support
* Phone issues:
Please check here for current issues, especially for Samsung devices: http://goo.gl/Hy0dx5 . Please feel free to give us any issue feedback along with screenshot.
It is highly recommended, for best app performance, to set the GPS mode to "high accuracy" in the location settings of your device.
* MAP Cell Tower Location:
We don't have own database for cell locations. We use currently the MLS database (please see below) which returns not the actual cell tower location, but roughly an indication of the cell locations.
The LTE, UMTS and GSM cell locations we get from Mozilla Location Service (MLS) - http://location.services.mozilla.com - and show in the map as antennas, are not real tower locations, but roughly an indication of the cell locations (if no cell location is shown in the map, it means MLS has no data for your cell).
** MLS doesn't support CDMA any more.
** If the app doesn't return cell locations, or if you want to contribute/update the cell locations, you may use Mozilla Stumbler app ( https://goo.gl/sysSNQ ) to update the MLS database in your area.
* Measurements' Databases:
The measurements you make in the MAP tab, can be saved locally in your device (please see FAQ inside the app for details).
* Dual SIM phones:
There is BETA support only for few phones that implement correctly and fully the API17+ telephony interface.
Thanks for your feedback!
If the app doesn't show well on your device or doesn't work well in your device, please send us a screenshot along with the system info/feedback from the app's settings (three dots) to check it.
(!) If you like our app, please give us a positive rating to support our development efforts.
>> Please check also the features of our FULL version: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfo
** Network Cell Info (Lite) is distributed exclusively in the Google Play Store **
Share this App
Sorry, your review is too short !